Sunday, December 10, 2006

CHRISTMAS CURIOSITIES

I got this from a friend. Thought I would fill it out for fun!
Enjoy!
Jen


1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? I LOVE 'real' homemade eggnog.

2. Do you have a nativity scene? I have thee most beautiful nativity scene! I love it! I got it for Christmas from my mom a couple of years ago.

3 . Coloured lights on tree/house or white? Ya - I would definitely have to say 'white' all the way!

4 . Do you hang mistletoe? My home is full of kissing already - don't need an excuse!

5. When do you put your decorations up? I am an early putter upper! I have had mine put up for a couple of weeks now!

6. What is your favourite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? It’s all about my mom’s stuffing!

7. Favourite holiday memory as a child: Running downstairs early Christmas morning to see what Santa brought me!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Don’t remember

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Usually

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? I set up the tree and hang the lights. The kids do the ornaments then once they go to bed – I rearrange it to my liking. I must say – my anal tendencies must be wearing off on my kids because there was minimal rearranging needed this year! ;-)

11. Snow…love it or dread it? I must admit there are times when it looks pretty but for the most part I really, really, really dislike it.

12. Can you ice skate? I enjoy skating. It can be lots of fun. However, I have flat feet and skates are not conducive to my “condition” even with orthotics.

13. Do you remember your favourite gift as a child? My Holly Hobbie doll that my Grandma and Mom made together for me!

14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Church, time with family. Oh and my mom’s stuffing! Doesn't get any better!

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? I am not a huge dessert person. But I do love nuts, homemade shortbread cookies, and chocolates.

16. What tops your tree? An Angel

17. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? I love shopping for others and finding that ultimate gift that you know they will absolutely adore. It’s such a great feeling watching them open it! But let’s get real – it’s fun to receive too! teehee

18. Gift bags or wrapping paper? I like to see an array of gift wrapping techniques under my tree.

19. Do you send out Christmas cards? Usually – along with a family newsletter but I still haven’t started this year – so why am I filling out this silly questionnaire!?

20. Real of artificial tree? Currently artificial. I LOVE the look and smell of a real one. However, I have enough trouble keeping my indoor plants alive – let alone a tree.

21. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Home! No super long distance traveling needed.

22. What is the most annoying thing about this time of year? Snow, cold weather, that musty winter smell that invades our closet because of boots, snow pants and gloves.

23. When do you take down your Christmas tree? New Year's Day usually

24. What is your favourite Christmas Album? I used to have the Barenaked Ladies, Harry Connick Jr, Elvis and Clay Aiken’s Christmas CD’s (that I LOVE) but they have gone missing! I will probably come across them next July.

25. What is your favourite Christmas Song? Clay Aiken’s rendition of “Mary, Did you know?” LOVE IT!!! LOVE IT!!! LOVE IT!!!

No comments: